FANTASY ISLAND, MEXICO
This extreme mission trip is based out of our Gateway Camp in Matamoros, Mexico. You will stay there at the camp and during the day you would travel to remote islands off of the coast of Mexico.
We would spend time with Pastor Abraham in a small, coastal village and from there climb into small fishing boats and head to Fantasy Island.
The island has very little shade and stinks of fish, but the needs are very great for the people that live on the island. Way of the Cross has helped build several small churches over the years. There are not many people on the island but those are, live in abject poverty.
We will be spending at least two nights on the island in tents or on a church floor. There are so many ways to minister into their lives. Sharing the gospel and love of Jesus while improving the community in which they live is so very important.
This will not be the most pleasant and comfortable mission trip. It has a high degree of difficulty and will be tough but it is so worth it to make such a great difference in people’s lives.
We will be traveling by boat to these islands. Way of the Cross is always safety conscious and your team will be wearing life jackets in the boat. Most of the time, the water is not more than three to four feet deep.
Leaders, please contact us if you would like to check out this mission trip and location beforehand, we would be more than happy to accommodate you.
THINGS TO BE AWARE OF:
1. The trip cost of $400 per person includes your food, stay, travel costs, and helps to cover the improvements to the community.
2. Gear that your team will need to bring: small 2-3 men tents, sleeping bag, insect repellent, flashlights and any other camping gear you think you might need.
3.While staying at the island, we will provide makeshift showers.
4. We will provide food but realize that while on the island, we will not have cooking facilities and will provide MRE’s to eat. If you have special dietary restrictions, please pack accordingly.
5. Phone service should be available.
6. The boat that takes us to the island will be with us at all times.
7. We will provide drinking water for the team at the island.
8. We request that you bring your own life jacket and then sew it into someone else’s life before you leave.
LOCATION: GATEWAY CAMP/FANTASY ISLAND
NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART – WE NEED A TEAM OF AT LEAST 10 ADULTS WHO ARE READY TO ROUGH IT OUT IN THE NAME OF JESUS
SMALL 2/3 MEN TENTS
OTHER CAMPING GEAR
COST: $400.00 PER PERSON